Series: “The Vine”
From John 15: 4, 5, 7, 9, 11-13…
In the Christian life, there is a difference between union and communion. Communion comes by maintaining that moment-by-moment fellowship with Him. The union came when you accepted Christ as Savior and Lord.
Six Ways to Know We are Abiding
- We are so connected to Christ that witnessing becomes a way of life.
- John 15:5
- We receive the Father’s discipline as a part of the growing process.
- John 15:2
- We realize how weak we are without Christ.
- John 15:5c
- We will know because He answers our prayers.
- John 15:7; Psalm 37:4; John 5:14
- We have an unconditional love for Christ and his people.
- John 15:9,12; John 4:11,19; 1 Peter 4:8; John 15:13
- We will have an inner joy and peace.
- John 15:11; John 14:27
Only be a branch…nothing more and nothing less!