From: Matthew 1: 18-25…
You can make all the plans but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.
Three things to remember when God changes your plans…
When God changes your plans He’s trying to get your attention.
Psalm 81… “I wish my people would listen to me.”
When God changes your plans it also means God has a better plan.
Jeremiah 29:11… “I know what I am planning for you, ‘says the Lord, I have good plans [not bad plans, good plans] for you. Not plans to hurt you. And I will give you hope and a good future.’”
- God’s plan for your life is always bigger that your plans.
- God’s plan is also more rewarding.
- 1Corinthians 2:9…“No one has ever seen or heard or even imagined what wonderful things God has prepared for those who love Him…”
- God’s plan is at times harder.
- God’s plan may be difficult but it was a plan of promise.
- John 13:7 “You don’t understand now what I’m doing but you will understand later.”
When God changes your plan He is saying I want you to trust me.
- To trust God we must first seek God with all our heart.
- Matthew 7: 7… “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
- Hebrews 11:6…”Without faith it is impossible to please God.”
- To trust God we must believe in faith.
- Romans 8: 28… “We know that God causes everything to work for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
- Psalm 138:8… “The Lord will work out his plans for my life for his faithful love endures forever.”
Today a Savior has been born for you. He is Christ the Lord!